The costs of managing the strategic gas reserve are covered by the strategic gas reserve fees paid by the reserve taxpayer.
The costs of managing the strategic gas reserve are:
- the costs related to maintaining the gas reserve
- the cost of insurance for the gas reserve
- the cost of checking the volume and the compliance of the reserve with requirements
- the operational costs of the gas reserve manager
- the financial costs of the gas reserve manager
- other costs arising from the law related to the fulfilment of the obligation to maintain a strategic gas reserve, with the exception of the acquisition of a strategic gas reserve.
The gas reserve payment is paid to the Estonian Stockpiling Agency by the gas network operator.
The obligation to pay the reserve fee arises once gas is consumed, i.e., the reserve fee is collected from the end consumer and is set out on a separate line on the invoice issued by the network operator to the customer.